Out with the old - the little lioness

Out with the old

Mum and I thought that my sister might need a lacy blue garter for her wedding. We’re nice like that! Also spent hours looking for a bag for Mum… Long day so far… I’m also thrown out so much CRAP that was horded in my old room at my parents place, and am sniffling like mad with the cat fur and dust that I stirred up. But it was a good old clean! :)

Some Mutterings:

1. Booze :: booze bus
  2. Counter :: counterstrike
  3. Action :: busses
  4. Trial :: by numbers
  5. Wheelchair :: clinic
  6. 1-800 :: reverse
  7. Chop :: sticks
  8. Relatives :: table settings. argh!
  9. Bed sheets :: silk
  10. Funnel :: fennel

Comments

comments

6 comments for “Out with the old

1. January 27, 2008 at 4:45 pm

I always like cleaning, because it gives me a chance to reminisce some of those memories. But my mother would still give me an ultimatum: Throw out anything that you haven’t use for the past three to five years…

Anyway, those are some lovely mutterings you have there. :D I can relate about the relatives part. I always have to go visit my relatives during festivals and they can be quite a fuss

2. January 27, 2008 at 8:17 pm

nice mutterings!

if you have time you can visit mine here

3. Lori Madison
    January 28, 2008 at 10:24 am

…We’re nice like that.. LOL. Booze bus.. Sorry to show my ignorance but I have never heard that one before. Wishing you an awesome week.

4. January 29, 2008 at 1:44 am

I don’t know what is a booze bus either.

Since you mentioned table settings and the exclamation argh…you must have many relatives that visit often? :)

Serena

5. January 30, 2008 at 8:32 pm

According to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booze_bus

A booze bus is a mobile truck designed for rapidly assessing the blood alcohol concentration of motor vehicle drivers in large numbers. Operated by various police services in Australia, they allow main arterial roads such as freeways to be blocked, with all or most drivers sampled for compliance with drunk driving laws. They are commonly used outside popular nightspots to trap drivers who might illegally drive home drunk. The vehicle itself is not used to test all drivers. Multiple test points are set up on the highway and drivers are breath tested in their own vehicles though the wound down window. Drivers failing this test will be taken to the bus for processing.

re the table settings? My sister wedding in a month means seating arrangements, which is where my mind was t the time :)

6. Shelley
    February 7, 2008 at 3:54 pm

We have the booze bus thing too. For some reason they get called a flying squad. Lots of patrol cars, a road block, officers on foot breath testing everyone and a big bus for all the naughties who’re over the limit.