Squid Ink Pasta (from Santa) - the little lioness

Squid Ink Pasta (from Santa)

Rish’s mother goes a bit over the top when she buys chrissy presents for her boys, and in amongst the wrapping paper was a package of squid ink pasta. I haven’t tried it before now, so was quite curious about how it would cook up and, more importantly, taste.

Squid Ink Pasta

It was very quick to cook – 7 minutes to a good biteyness. Cooked up some chicken in a Barilla ricotta/tomato sauce, and made an awesome coloured salad with mushroom, feta, avocado, roquette, baby spinach, egg tomatoes and cucumber to make me not feel so pasta-ey.

Squid Ink Pasta

The taste – well it just tasted like normal, nice, pasta. Looked really cool though. Any suggestions for how to cook up the second half of the packet?

Squid Ink Pasta

Comments

comments

0 comments for “Squid Ink Pasta (from Santa)

1. January 8, 2010 at 11:49 am

must get my hands on some of this for my mum!
    .-= Iron Chef Shellie´s last blog ..Week 8: The Cookbook Challenge =-.

2. January 8, 2010 at 2:21 pm

Looks fantastic! Great photos! So pleased I’ve found your blog, added to my favorites:-)

3. January 8, 2010 at 2:58 pm

hehe I wish my mother in law would give me some squid ink pasta for Christmas! But as she’s a vegan it tends to be nuts instead :P

4. January 8, 2010 at 6:23 pm

hmm It didn’t occur to me that squid ink wasn’t vegan hehe. Maybe she’d like spinach or capsicum pastas? Ones without egg, of course!

thanks estelle!

5. January 8, 2010 at 10:29 pm

Oh my gosh, that salad looks so good!

6. January 9, 2010 at 2:59 am

Apart from the white sauce that I mentioned, another great way is to serve it tossed with prawns or calamari and lots of crushed garlic.
    .-= mademoiselle délicieuse´s last blog ..Cantonese Cooking 101: Stir-fries =-.

7. January 10, 2010 at 10:49 am

It looks kinda gross at first, but after seeing your final presentation I changed my mind. It looks great. Maybe I should try it sometime. Where can you buy those squid ink pasta?
    .-= Steven Sentosa´s last blog ..Snowboarding Extreme Sport at Winterplace =-.

• January 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I think this came from the fruit and veg shop, but usually delis are good for this sort of thing.

8. Danielle
    January 15, 2010 at 1:17 pm

How about stir-frying up some sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic in olive oil, then stirring that and fresh basil through the pasta? Would be brilliantly colourful and pretty.

You could even add blueberries if you can get fresh ones, just add them with the basil, or fry them very very briefly..

9. January 15, 2010 at 5:43 pm

That sounds awesome, but blueberries? weird ;)
    .-= Fiona´s last blog ..Cakes and St Kilda (Nov 28) =-.