So Many Dates ~ the little lioness

So Many Dates

The food festival day of the National Multicultural Festival was yesterday. Since I wasn’t there for the beer, unlike much of Canberra who drank their way through the day, I busied myself in the Middle East – working my way through the samples of coffee and dates that Iran, Jordan, Morocco, Iraq, Kuwait, the Emirates etc had on offer to me.

Dates!

I think I had about 8 or ten dates, which is enough for my stomach to bear.

Dates!

Some were really juicy

Dates!

Some had a slight aniseed flavour (don’t think it was those above though, I was getting them mixed up!)

Dates!

Apparently the dates my local health food shops stocks are Iranian. They’re nice enough, but not as juicy as some of the fresh ones yesterday, or the ones from the fruit shop.

Iranian dates from the health food shop

Do you eat dates? I think they’re my favourite dried fruit :)

Comments

comments

0 comments for “So Many Dates

1. February 7, 2010 at 11:45 am

I just love dates, they’re like candy to me! A festival full of so many unique varieties to taste sounds like heaven on earth!

2. February 7, 2010 at 2:39 pm

I LOVE dates. I’d have them every day if not for the fact that they’re terribly sugary and a bit expensive. You’re right, fresh dates wipes the floor with the dried out stuff.

3. February 7, 2010 at 9:24 pm

Oh dates. I love them. Especialy sticky date pudding. Oh my mouth is watering.

4. February 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm

LOL I thought this was going to be a Valentines Day themed story! :D Hehe I adore fresh dates (the edible kind :) )

5. February 9, 2010 at 5:57 am

I LOVE dates – the only problem is that once I start I can’t stop eating them!!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..What’s in the pot?? =-.

6. February 9, 2010 at 1:09 pm

oh those dates looks so inviting!! I must agree, dates are so good, especially chopped up and put through really good vanilla ice cream! YUM!
    .-= Maria@TheGourmetChallenge´s last blog ..Pavlova =-.

7. February 9, 2010 at 7:12 pm

I had a few too many at afternoon tea today! eeps