Complete with Frozen Chook - the little lioness

Complete with Frozen Chook

Gotta love that Rotary still do chocolate wheels at the local shopping centre. I think this is $2 well spent!

Fruit and veg tray
(only difficulty was that I walked and had to carry it home, but like the Rotary gentleman told me I’m “young and strong”)

Now, what to make with it all? There’s some definite pointers towards soup with the carrots, celery, onion, pumpkin etc. But there may be some other options that don’t immediately strike me.

Suggestions welcome :)

Comments

comments

0 comments for “Complete with Frozen Chook

1. Kelkel
    March 27, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Baked dinner. Der.

2. March 27, 2010 at 12:53 pm

Yes. that one took awhile to come to me. *rolls eyes* Myabe I was just too excited by the celery.

How to use the celery if I bake the other veges and the chooken?

3. March 27, 2010 at 4:23 pm

just dip celery in tzatziki!
    .-= Laura´s last blog ..My top drawer =-.

4. March 27, 2010 at 4:29 pm

Yay for freebies!
    .-= mademoiselle délicieuse´s last blog ..Coco Chocolate, 30 Dec 2009 =-.

5. March 28, 2010 at 12:25 am

Oh how I love a good raffle. Miss those!

6. March 28, 2010 at 5:08 am

I think you should make that Canberran delicacy that only us locals know about – Banana and carrot lasagne with grape-infused pomodoro sauce and crispy pulverised chicken skin on top. Mmm-mmm.

(Forgive me. Gelato sugar high.)
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..Tiny Bunks, Gelato, and Italian Men: Arrival in Florence, March 26 =-.

7. Kelkel
    March 28, 2010 at 11:13 am

Step one – Cooked baked chook and vegies.

Step two – Throw out celery.

Step three – eat baked dinner, untainted by horrid celery.

Win.

8. Shelley
    March 29, 2010 at 6:14 pm

I slice my celery into sticks, then do the same with carrots, then load up ziplock sandwich bags (one bunch celery and three carrots does four bags) then have afternoon snacks for work. Celery on it’s own is too bitter, carrots on their own upset my tummy, but both together are a diverting and healthy snack.

Oh and I did some tests, the biting is the noisiest part so make them small enough to put in your mouth all at once then chew with your mouth closed. Assuming you share a work area like me.