Countdown - the little lioness

Countdown

Malaysia Airlines 747 by mattingham
Malaysia Airlines 747 by mattingham.

Just on a month until Rish and I fly out to Germany… 25 days away, planning to visit Vienna also, and will spend a few days in Malaysia on the way home, you know, to eat and to see his extended family, oh and to take advantage of having a free Stopover there with Malaysia Airlines (MH122 and MH6 there, MH123 and MH5 on return, for my airline nerdlings ;).

I trust that the backlog of volcano passengers will be cleared and we won’t have to deal with them (or have full planes, I hope not!). Of course, I bought my travel insurance as soon as our flights were paid for! Can’t leave home without that! Still have a few things to sort out, but getting there.

Still unsure of my plans for my time there… Trains will be in order.

Any tips for places between Frankfurt and Vienna that I must go?

Ta! :)

Comments

comments

0 comments for “Countdown

1. April 28, 2010 at 7:31 am

We really liked Cologne. The Rhine River between ~Bonn and Mainz is very pretty if you can get a train along it or even better a river cruise. But I think they’re all in the opposite direction.

Salzburg was awesome (even if you don’t like The Sound of Music). And there’s plenty of other towns along the Romantic Road that are very cute too if you’re driving.

Trip blog at http://kazza.id.au/europe_2008/ (which I’ll be adding images to over the next few weeks, sooner if there’s anything you want to see earlier :) )
    .-= Kazza the Blank One´s last blog ..Big Mac =-.

2. April 28, 2010 at 7:45 am

Oh I forgot to mention Neuschwanstein south of Munich.. pretty awesome castle
    .-= Kazza the Blank One´s last blog ..Big Mac =-.

3. April 28, 2010 at 9:37 am

Oh I am SO jealous!!! I agree with Kazza that Salzburg was great – just don’t go to the Mozart museum – it was seriously the strangest museum I have ever visited :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Coast lovin’ =-.

4. miso
    April 28, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I don’t have any Germany recs but I love the Padini brands in Malaysia. Cheap, nice clothes and shoes and pretty good quality (especially for the price). There is a Padini Concept Store at Pavilion in KL.

5. April 30, 2010 at 7:01 am

No tips, just a shriek of jealousy! Berlin is my favorite city in the world.

6. April 30, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Thanks ladies :)

I think it’s looking like Vienna – Salzburg – Munich area – then wherever Rish wants for the few days before heading to KL :)

Time for me to revisit your trip blog Kazza :)