'Health Food' Aisle Goodies - the little lioness

'Health Food' Aisle Goodies

Dark chocolate coated Goji berries
Dark chocolate coated Goji berries.

Yes, I spend too much time browsing the aisles at my local Woolworths. Especially the ‘Health food’ aisle, which consists of various gluten, dairy and sugar-free goodies just waiting to be tried. Here’s a few that I picked up recently at my local store…

Dark chocolate coated Goji berries

Dark chocolate-coated Goji berries. Gojilicious they say… and they are! They’re from Morlife (sound warning on the site) and were awesome. Hard to stop eating them! Think chocolate coated nuts or sultanas but nicer :p Yums! These will be good for report writing next week at work!

Sugar free dark chocolate with almont

Next we have a sugar-free dark chocolate from Well Naturally. Honestly, did not like this. The sweeter didn’t taste right, so I couldn’t get through more than one square :(

Fava nuts / Roasted Broadbeans

Another awesome product – Fava Nuts aka roasted broad beans. Salty and nutty, but not as fatty as most nuts. Ready to hit that salt craving on the head, and in multipacks for not too much scoffing ;) (because NONE of us are good at stopping at just a handful, are we? :p)

Fava nuts / Roasted Broadbeans

Have you come across any sweet finds lately?

Comments

comments

Post navigation

8 comments for “'Health Food' Aisle Goodies

1. July 4, 2010 at 10:28 am

oooh I have been meaning to try those choc coated goji berries for awhile now! Look delish :) I have a big batch of homemade banana/coconut date cookies just waiting to be eaten :)

2. July 4, 2010 at 11:48 am

I *love* those roasted broadbeans, and the roasted chickpeas by the same company. I’m not letting myself go in that aisle at the moment, because it’s not too budget friendly (still a few weeks to go before I start tutoring and finally have an income again!!). I actually quite like the mint chip chocolate by well naturally, but I agree that the almond chip (which I think is what you have there) was a bit tasteless.

I haven’t yet tried the gojilicious because I’m a bit wary about fruit + chocolate, but I might have to give it a go. Have you tried the PROPER veggie chips in woolies, usually in the shelves facing the health food aisle? Beetroot, taro, and sweet potato chips – almost as good as the Terra Chips I’d get in America :)

3. July 4, 2010 at 11:55 am

I like chicknuts too… but fin it hard to STOP eating them :)

The vege chips I’ve seen but not tried. I think my main poblem with the sugarfree dark choc above was the taste of the sweetener in it. Maybe the peppermint would cover it up?

4. July 4, 2010 at 2:49 pm

I’ve tried something similar to those dried fava beans and they’re delicious! But very moreish too -a bit too moreish… :P

5. July 5, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Thinking there’s more chocolate than gojis there…

6. July 6, 2010 at 8:15 am

shhhh :p

7. July 6, 2010 at 5:11 pm

i noticed those roasted broad beans today in woolies while waiting for the check out. i’m might try them now. they had roasted chickpeas next to them as well. i’m assuming they’d be good too. i’m going to look out for those Dark chocolate coated Goji berries now :-)

8. Kelkel
    July 6, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Not healthy, but, Uncle Toby’s chewy musli bar with white choc chips. Addicted. Totally. I’m not even a white chocolate person, but the combination just works somehow.