Thirty before 30 (Or Happy 28th Birthday to Me) - the little lioness

Thirty before 30 (Or Happy 28th Birthday to Me)

(Being my birthday, you’re obligated to de-lurk and comment! Do it!)

Hello Kitty Cupcakes
Last year’s work cupcakes for my birthday. Hello Kitty!

Okay, any notion I had of doing a 101 in 1001 is long gone, I can’t even WRITE a list, let along get started on one. So perhaps, 30 items before my 30th birthday will be more manageable? We can always hope!

So, let’s see. What are 30 things I would like to achieve in the next 24 months?

1. Finish my Masters
  2. Visit Japan
  3. Run 8km
  4. Sort out my diet
  5. Buy some knee-high boots that fit my calves
  6. Learn to cook tofu in at least 3 ways (including stirfry)
  7. Read 20 Popular Penguins (a few can be checked off already, will let you know in my first update!)
  8. Do some unassisted chin-ups
  9. Eat gluten free hot cross buns
  10. Finishing knitting the pink/red scarf that’s been in the cupboard part done for at least 2 years
  11. Run 10 km (Mothers day classic?)
  12. Have made at least 2 things from each cookbook I own
  13. Meet at least 10 more ‘internet people’ IRL
  14. Sell or play my clarinet
  15. Drastically reduce my diet coke intake – no more than one in a day, no more than 4 in a week
  16. Have a caffeine free month
  17. Try Body Balance. At least twice.
  18. Properly tag all my mp3s
  19. Do a pole dancing course or burlesque course (I’ve only done a one-off hens night)
  20. Make this gingerbread cake
  21. Get down to my “preferred weight” and maintain it for 3 months
  22. Successfully give blood (ie no passing out before they have enough)
  23. Take and blog a photo a day of me for a month
  24. Buy a re-usable coffee cup for my takeaway coffee (recommendations sought)
  25. Sew a skirt
  26. Sew a dress
  27. Do a wine tasting course
  28. Go skinny dipping!
  29. Bake awesome vegan cupcakes to take into work
  30. “Go Dark” for a weekend (preferably on the South Coast!)

I’m sure to “achieve” other things in that time, but here’s a few to keep tabs on.
Wish me well?

Oh and here’s a song you should all listen to. Because it’s my ring tone.

Comments

comments

21 comments for “Thirty before 30 (Or Happy 28th Birthday to Me)

1. July 22, 2010 at 12:31 am

happy birthday! hope you are feeling much better!

2. Aly
    July 22, 2010 at 6:50 am

Happy birthday! I love your list.. so many things on there I’ve never done. I may steal some of them to add to my own!

Good luck with the knee high boots. It took me around 4 years (!) to find a pair I’m in love with. And I’m still not 100% there yet, I just made do with the best case scenario I could find.

3. July 22, 2010 at 8:21 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
    I hope you have a brilliant day – and that list…..I love it!!!

4. Danielle
    July 22, 2010 at 10:01 am

Tip for stir-frying tofu : fry it first in oil + tasty sauce, then take it out, and add it in again at the very last moment of completing the stir fry or curry. It works. Tasty tofu.

Recommendation for keepable coffee cup : http://www.keepcup.com.au/
    I have one and it’s pretty neat.

Happy birthday :) *hugs*

5. July 22, 2010 at 10:38 am

Man, that is quite an ambitious list. They all sound like wonderful goals though, so go for it!

Happy birthday!

6. July 22, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Happy birthday! I came over from Alisa’s because I like your name–I have a family member with the same name.

Also, my cat says hello (although she is a calico and not Hello Kitty) because it is her birthday too! Best wishes for success with your 30 before 30 list, especially that giving blood without fainting one.

7. July 22, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Happy birthday, Fiona!

I, too, would like to finish knitting a scarf (for a friend) which was started almost 4 years ago…me bad!

As for a reusable coffee cup, I’ve been seeing these around everywhere: http://www.keepcup.com.au

8. Kate
    July 22, 2010 at 2:26 pm

Hello Fiona! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I love this 30 before 30 list. Good luck with it all.

We just went to a new shop in Fyshwick called Greenhouse Emporium – they sell reuseable coffee cups – Keep Cups. Plus you get a free coffee from them when you buy one! I don’t drink coffee but y’know, i’m sure they’re great.

Enjoy your day – hope you get spoilt rotten!

9. July 22, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Happy birthday beautiful :D

10. Jen
    July 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm

Pad Thai is actually supposed to be made with tofu, so there’s a dish for you :)

11. July 22, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Happy Birthday!

You must, must MUST do #19. Pole is so much fun, and stupidly, stupidly addictive. 2 years on, and I still can’t get enough of it!

12. July 22, 2010 at 10:26 pm

Happy Birthday Fiona! Many happy returns :)

13. July 22, 2010 at 10:29 pm

All the cool Fiona’s have birthdays in July :D

Really looking forward to following your progress with the list! I am loving my 101 in 1001, but need to get cracking on some of the things!

14. July 23, 2010 at 7:27 am

@chocolatesuze I think this cold’s taking hold :(

@aly argh!! I only have 2 years, not 4! :)

@Danielle and Jen any ideas for tofu cooking are welcome!

The keepcup I’ve seen around, there was another one I saw online too, but I can’t remember what it was called. It LOOKED like a paper cup but wasn’t.

Ooh Free coffee with one if I buy it IRL, hey Kate? Good idea! Maybe I can set up my greenhouse too? :)

Let’s see how I go with the list!

15. July 23, 2010 at 8:56 am

happy birthday. those cupcakes are way too cute. i wanna visit Japan as well. it sounds like such an amazing place :-)

16. Fi
    July 23, 2010 at 5:06 pm

Eeek! Happy birthday other Fi! It’s fate that I found you again, ’tis been too long (ok…before we go any further, do you remember me?)

Anyhoo. Happy Birthday Little Lioness :)

17. July 23, 2010 at 5:16 pm

Yes, yes I do remember you. :): Time to stalk and catch up

18. Jen
    July 28, 2010 at 10:14 am

Happy belated birthday! Looking at your 30 before 30 list, it sounds like you have some fun times ahead of you! ;)

19. Kelkel
    August 6, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Bappy hirthday for last month (it’s a while since I’ve read your blog). I love the list. Made any headway on it yet? Perhaps I should do something similar. It might involve “Go outside at some point this semester” and that might be a long stretch still.

At first I thought #8 said “Do some assassin chin-ups” and wondered what that involved.

20. August 6, 2010 at 11:40 pm

Maybe Ninja Rish can teach me assassin chin ups?

21. Rob L
    September 17, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I couldn’t find the original post… so, I’ll say that if you know my IP, that’s a little creepy – are you a computer nerd? And in reply; yes we have sharks, but one can skinny dip in any public body of water, not necessarily the ocean. (One can also skinny dip in private bodies of water, but what’s the point?)