Based on: this recipe… my changes below!
- 1 ¾ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup low fat soy milk
- 60g canola oil
- ¼ cup dark agave syrup (I used Maretai brand)
- 1 egg
- 300g Creative Gourmet Frozen Mixed Berries (didn’t QUITE) use the full pack!
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Put paper cases into mini muffin tray. I ended up making 39 all up, but 36 would have been a good number if I’d put an even amount in each!
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in oats, sugar and walnuts. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients.
- In a jug, whisk together milk, oil, syrup and egg. Add to dry ingredients, mixing lightly until just combined – there will still be a few pockets of flour, this gives the characteristic texture. Fold in berries.
- Spoon evenly into prepared pan until ¾ full.
- Bake for around minutes until golden and cooked when tested (I poked them with my finger and they sproinged back). Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container – I’m told these freeze well.
Powered by Facebook Comments