Tights Weather! - the little lioness

Tights Weather!

I’m excited about tights weather, aren’t you? As we come to the colder months I get to start digging out my tights collection while those of you in the northern hemisphere are buying new spring clothing… I think I might have the better end there!

Purple tights and dominatrix heels to dinnerTights weather!

Stripey tightsBlue tights

I was a little sad this morning though, so many of last year’s tights have holes in them, or just aren’t in great condition… I put it to twitter whether it would be a good idea to ask for paypal donations for my tights fund (I’m still open to it, though it may attract a new kind of reader if I promise to post pics of them in action in return) but it didn’t seem popular. Seems I might have to just budget to have a little set aside for tights (unless Myer or Westfield wants to have a tights blog ambassador for Winter 2011? :p)

So, suggestions of course are welcome, both for ways to save money (such as cutting back on takeaway coffees) or to get Levante to make me their blog-girl ;)

*adds a few pairs to her Amazon Wishlist for good measure*

Comments

comments

17 comments for “Tights Weather!

1. March 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

i think probably the reason it wasn’t popular is that even people in great need attract a certain level of scorn for calling for donations on their blogs. I guess I could put out a call for help funding my wool collection for the coming winter (although people who know me would know I have loads of wool). It’s a fine line. I mean, maybe you’d get somewhere but I think mostly people would go ‘oh so I could ask for money for stuff too right?’

That said, I’m inspired by your love of fancy tights. I stick to basics and wonder if branching out might be fun!

• March 30, 2011 at 8:08 pm

;) I will find ways of funding my habit :D

Even if I must do it legitimately :p

• March 30, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Oh and I tend to stick to basic clothing and opt for fun tights and scarves and other accessories.

2. March 30, 2011 at 10:03 pm

I love tights. Love love love.

3. Eva
    March 30, 2011 at 10:39 pm

It’s always tights weather in England =/

I have new bright red ones. BRIGHT red. A little too bright for my liking, but I’ll just wash them with some dark clothes a few times and hope for the best.

• March 31, 2011 at 5:32 pm

ooh DOn’t think I’d do bright red. Hope they dampen!

4. March 30, 2011 at 10:57 pm

Hate tights weather. Hate cold. Boo! But happy for you to have something to look forward to :P

5. March 31, 2011 at 8:15 am

I remember seeing lots of tights here last winter =) I don’t own many myself, but that’s coz I tend to wear pants in winter. Strange me, tend to associate skirts/dresses with warmer months only.

• March 31, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love skirts in winter, though it IS a little too cold for them here

6. April 1, 2011 at 9:44 am

Love tights for winters in Melbourne. I did a stocktake of my tights/stocking drawer last week and also need to make a few new purchases. I believe theres a factory outlet for Kolotex in Sydney which you do postal orders…might have to do some Googling…

7. April 1, 2011 at 10:44 am

I love tights, but I think I own maybe two pairs. I want more. MORE I say. I also need money though lol

• April 1, 2011 at 11:52 am

I also need a few more skirts to wear them with :)

8. April 1, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Love tights – especially fancy ones – too. Though don’t tend to wear them a lot; get put off when I do the wiggle dance just to get into them and 5 minutes later I snag them on something and end up with a bloody great hole.

9. April 2, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I love fancy tights. I like layering a black decorative pair over a bright bold coloured pair :)

• April 2, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I haven’t done that, strangely enough. Maybe next time I want paterns but still have hairy legs? ;)