Maybe I go back to study? ~ the little lioness

Maybe I go back to study?

This post is brought to you by ICS

Collection

So, I’ve been out of work awhile, and while I’ve been mostly thinking about things like looking for a job, or getting myself mentally to a point where I can take on the world, I’ve also been thinking about other options. Study, of course. wit my over-thinking brain, is always an option. Perhaps I enroll at a TAFE, or community college for something. Perhaps another masters. Or, maybe distance courses are a good option. No face to face, lots of reading, discussion through moodle. I loved that format through the masters I did, so I should continue it. Whether formally, through a uni or TAFE course, or informally, through a skeptic/atheist bookclub!

Maybe child behaviour is an area for study for me? I did several behaviour subjects through uni both under an post- grad… plus all my work with kids with a language disorder. Or Autism. Or kids with “just” a mild intellectual disability. So much we could do for those kids language wise, if we know how, and we had the backing from our “benefactors” (private, taxes and so on) to go ahead and help these boys to make their way through both the justice system and society when we throw them back into it.

Perhaps I have a passion for social justice issues, and should channel that instead? Surely that’s better to blog about than soy lattes? :p

Have you ever manage to study, for study or pleasure’s sake only?

Comments

comments

10 comments for “Maybe I go back to study?

1. Shelley
    April 24, 2012 at 2:42 am

Dude, you could totally be Dr Fiona. And, unlike my science PhD, you could totally do one that leads to an actual career and stuff (or at least a career longer than the four to six years I’ve got post PhD before I’m screwed).

2. April 24, 2012 at 5:50 am

Do what makes you happy

3. Rish
    April 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

Go for it!

4. April 24, 2012 at 9:55 am

Maybe you need to keep thinking until you settle on that one idea that gives you butterflies and keeps you awake at night excited and writing notes. If that is one of the above things, then awesome.

Happy is important. xx

5. April 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I struggle with the social justice pull and the education pull. I wonder what/if/how I could do more study to learn more and hopefully, the happy side-effect, to give me more ‘cred’. Definitely need more voices shouting for social justice in education (ie inclusion) so that’s my recommendation for you ;-)
    Gina

6. JD
    April 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Possibly spelling and grammar Nazi a book about vampire’s and the modern day Templar Knights that hunt them ;)

7. Stu
    April 24, 2012 at 5:17 pm

Study for fun is great! I’m currently in Japan studying the Japanese language just for the fun of it. Ganbatte!

8. Kelkel
    April 25, 2012 at 10:59 am

Babies!! Bahahahahahaha

9. Max Turner
    May 3, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I think child behavior is a great area of study, especially in the current days where some parents do not seem to understand why their children end up behaving in a certain way. It will not take long before you get a place to apply your skills after you done with studying this area.

10. Debby Osten
    May 6, 2012 at 3:57 pm

I have never studied for studies sake. This sounds like a nice idea and I will try it some day..