Going Caffeine-Free for a Month. For Charity. And for my 30 before 30.

Lava Espresso, Weston

I’m biting the bullet.

Aiming to tick off another Thirty before 30 item.

Elizabeth has dangled the carrot of a $50 donation to the Steve Waugh Foundation if I succeed.

I can do it right? No black tea, or coffees. Til the end of the financial year.

At least I’ve cut out diet coke already!!!

(and the chocolate)

And it’s for a good cause!

I’m aiming to raise $1000 for my 30th birthday for the Steve Waugh Foundation. They help fund things for kids (up to 25) with rare conditions that often slip through funding cracks. Awesome work.

Coffee in Syros

If giving up caffeine helps me get there, then so be it!

(I’m also “going dark” this weekend, when I head to Billabong Retreat!)

(and yes I do realise that this opens me up for challenges for sponsorship xx bring it!)

17 comments on “Going Caffeine-Free for a Month. For Charity. And for my 30 before 30.

1. Gary says:

I could never do it Fiona. I’ll live vicariously through you :-)

2. Elizabeth says:

I’m having trouble deciding whether my deal was virtuous or evil.
    Maybe both? ;)

GOOD LUCK! You’re doing a good thing.

3. And perhaps planning a trip to Greece on the side??

4. Kristy says:

My fiance gave up caffeine over his Christmas break, had a headache for a good two weeks. He was a heavy user though :) 8 cups a day.
    Maybe try drinking Bambu, it has organically grown Chicory, figs, cereals and acorns. You can buy it through any leading supermarket, you don’t have to hunt down an organic store.
    Also he now drinks, hot milos (good weather for it) and I have just bought some Horlicks.
    Good luck.

5. Hannah says:

An admirable quest- Good luck! I don’t think I’d last a day without coffee…

6. Grace says:

Great cause ! Good luck! What a memorable thing to do before you hit the big 3-0.

7. Marita says:

Good luck, I’m down to one coffee a day but sometimes I really need a Pepsi Max boost mid afternoon.

8. Michaela says:

Hi Fiona, found your blog through the Sarah Wilson comments/shit storm. Love your ability to call out bullshit in a respectful and agreeable way. Go you and good luck with the caffeine ban (I could not do this). *adds to RSS feed*

• Fiona says:

Thanks for popping over Michaela :)

Glad you thought I was respectful. I just thought she had to be kidding herself by thinking that bloggers would be leaping at buying her book to “win”

Thanks for the wishes on the caffeine ban!

9. […] I’ve made it half-way through my caffeine-free month! Only a couple of hiccups, I’ve had a small amount of green tea when I was away at Billabong […]