Attack of the Guilts - the little lioness

Attack of the Guilts

I can feel guilty about anything.

A $22 haircut. My first in six months.

A well overdue eyebrow wax that set me back $12.

Scaring the ducklings.

Living. Breathing. Not breathing. Whatever. Guilt is a funny thing.

A lot like anxiety, but not quite as sharp physically.

Still making it hard to breathe.

Or is that the virus? Gah.

Comments

comments

15 comments for “Attack of the Guilts

1. Kelkel
    August 17, 2012 at 12:22 pm

Where did you find $22 haircut? Everyone I call wants $40. :/

• August 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Macquarie Centre :/

Just Cuts are under $30 still I think?

• Kelkel
        August 17, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Last time I got Just Cuts I ended up with one side an inch and a half shorter than the other.

• August 17, 2012 at 12:26 pm

hehee oops

• August 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Just cuts do have some great hairdressers, but it is very hit and miss and they used to sometimes hire apprentices and pass them off as seniors (I used to work for them.)

Where I am there are quite a few hairdressers you can get cuts for under $25 and they do a great job. All my in laws go to them. That said the areas they are located are a bit, um, “special”, so I wouldn’t go alone, lol.

Fiona, I so know what you mean about the guilts. Even when I deserve it, if it is something I can do myself, or think I shouldn’t have done etc. I get guilty. xx to you

• Kelkel
            August 17, 2012 at 1:09 pm

Yeah, I’ve heard of a lot of other hair salons (non-Justcuts) doing the same re: passing off apprentices as seniors. :/

• August 17, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Yep, I was a 3rd year and my boss went to Italy for a week leaving me in charge of the salon and the other apprentice. I had another salon want to pass me as a senior, so they ended up qualifying me early (you can finish your apprenticeship early if your boss deems you competent, and I was). Apprentice work should be charged cheaper I think, but almost every salon I know/have been interviewed for even when getting my apprenticeship passes apprentices as seniors asap. :(

2. August 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm

oh dear – I hate to think when my last haircut was! It was definitely before C was born – and that was 5 months ago eeeek

• August 17, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I think my last one was the week after I quit my Sydney job… so mid Feb!

3. August 17, 2012 at 8:43 pm

I think anxiety and guilt go hand in hand, so which do we reduce first so that ultimately both aren’t so intense? I think anxiety, how? Telling ourselves it’s ok and not to feel guilty. x

• August 18, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Accepting that I feel a certain way is my first step.

4. Tam
    August 17, 2012 at 8:44 pm

I think mums are just really good at the guilt thing.

The last time I got a hair cut, my littlest played happily with the toys for 30 minutes while I had it done. That seemed to offset the guilts enough.

The eyebrow wax I did myself… I don’t recommend it.

• August 18, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I don’t wanna know how guilty I’d feel if I was actually a mum! :)

I used to do my own with one of the NADS wax pens, best way for me, but now I just rock up to one of those nail salons in the mall

5. August 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm

I used to feel so guilty about getting a haircut when the boys were newborn. I refuse to let myself go there now. I can’t properly function if I’m feeling crap about myself. And that overrides the guilt.

• August 18, 2012 at 8:07 pm

heh fair enough! I’m always one now dress up a little more if I wake up feeling down