Hitting a Wall ~ the little lioness

Hitting a Wall

therapywallpic

Hit a bit of a wall today.

Conflict scares me, and while I can feel those feelings (red shapes) I don’t wanna look over the wall to remember the actual memories/events that these were. All the while my therapist (brown star of David) is nudging me over saying “go on, take a peek!” while the other B part of me pull back “nooooo! Don’t do it!”

So. Yes.

That was today’s story.

(though perhaps the red scary feelings should be between me and the wall? Or reinforcing the wall somehow?)

Comments

comments

8 comments for “Hitting a Wall

1. July 12, 2013 at 8:16 pm

scary… good luck!!! *big hugs*
    P.S. is your therapist Jewish?? :p

• July 12, 2013 at 8:20 pm

hehe dont think so? He wanted a hat though if I drew a diagram, and a fuller head of hair.

2. Shelley
    July 12, 2013 at 9:28 pm

I think it makes sense how it is. The red scary feelings are surrounding you, pushing you up against the wall so you have nowhere to go. They’re really big in your picture too, overwhelming. It’s a good picture, your brain knew what it was doing.

• July 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Thanks hun

This was how I was painting it this afternoon with hand gestures to Tom, Here’s a circle, the feelings, the things I don’t want to see. Me wanting to be a good girl and do what you ask, you nudging me too look.

• Shelley
        July 12, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Of course the next obvious step is that the only way left to move is through the wall. But there’s a good chance I’m just reading whatever I want into it all at that point :D

• July 12, 2013 at 9:52 pm

but but…
          I need like an eraser in paint fo that!!

• Shelley
            July 12, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Maybe just a postit note to stick on the computer screen and some pens. Then if you don’t like how it turns out you can always pull it off and try again. That’s possible right?

• July 12, 2013 at 9:57 pm