Oh, Hi Canberra winter.
Yes, temperature of minus 6.5. APPARENT TEMP -9.7. And still minus two when I left for the gym at six am.
Obstacles on the walk to work at 8:30 in the morning.
And these clothes are clearly not substantial enough. Cute, but failing to warm me.
(I should add that only HALF the electric blanket gave up. Much snuggling required.)
The fog across the oval at work this afternoon.
Nothing a little tights action couldn’t brighten up!
Okay. Here is my itinerary in yahoo weather widgets. Towards the end my packing dilemma will be revealed.
First stop, Vienna. Fly into Frankfurt Saturday with Malaysian Airlines, then hop straight onto an Air Berlin flight to Vienna. Were supposed to be meeting friends there, but they’ve pulled out… plans to date: apple strudel (for Rish), music, horses. For all locations, suggestions welcome. We probably won’t stay in Vienna the whole time we’re in Austria, likely to venture out a little :)
[click to continue…]
Halloween night was good (costume and hotel room pics to come later this week), amazing how much you can fit into 23 hours in Sydney :) A few hours sleep, we managed to drive home safely… watched the cool storm coming in over the wind farm at Lake George.
- Hairbrush :: bristles
- Sneak :: peek
- Hole :: in the bucket
- Horror :: movie, right there on my tv… shocking me right out of my brain (?Sherbert)
- Standard :: soy latte
- Mailbox :: overlimit
- Attachment :: disorder
- Type :: face
- Nails :: bed of nails
- Storage :: self
It’s a gorgeous spring day today…. tops of mid 20s for Canberra on the first day of October. You think it might hang around for the long weekend? It seems not…
This is when I start being happy I’ll in Newcastle for the long weekend. Until I see the weather predictions there:
erm. Okay. At least I get to see my little fraggle of a nephew, hey?
(Wallpaper is from [the apparently newly redesigned gelaskins site] Catalina Estrada)
- What pleases you? :: chocolate
- Whatever :: and ever amen
- Chime :: when the clock strikes x
- Pleading :: guilty
- Simulate :: vitual insanity
- Flashing :: lights
- Directional :: movement
- Pink :: flowers
- Access :: all areas
- Ugly :: duckling
My seedlings are loving this alternating rainy and sunny weather, even if the rest of us aren’t. I’m just going to savour the sunshine. And be happy that I’m on study leave/flex today, because this way I don’t have to decide if my cough is bad enough to justify another sick day and a trip to the doctor. Put that off til tomorrow!
The dust storm (oh and the gastro and cold and flu viruses that are going around) was all anyone spoke about today.
Fortunately, I don’t have the gastro. I think I have a cold though. ugh. Looking forward to rain and a good night’s sleep. To clear my head and all the dust.
Oh, I wish I’d thought of this… I was trying to think up new slogans for that banner all weekend!
edit (Th 9pm): someone put one of my pics up on the Wikipedia Australian Dust Storm page. *ahem* I wasn’t using my camera while driving. nu-ah. How filthy was the windscreen???
I don’t think I’ve had so many rainy days as this in Canberra since I’ve been living here… Give me back my cold sunny winter days!
1 more day til school holidays. I swear I’ve had a week-long headache counting it down… Nearly there!
Rumours of staffing movements abound – fortunately not involving me…
So. June is here. This means a few things…
- May is over.
- I can write May off as a dumb month without a computer and with too much illness.
- It’s winter. I can officially complain about it being cold.
- Job applications are due. June 11. Now that I have my computer back I can write these sorts of things after hours. Like this weekend I can polish it up while we have a long weekend
- Job apps will also mean job interviews. Blah! Gotta practice with my current and former supervisors
- I can start anew a little at work. Did a mass of note-writing and stats on Friday, which means starting with a cleanish slate for May. Still not caught up on reports and programs, but I now have time and a stress-free brain which may be able to tackle those.
- It’s half-way through term, which means only 5 more weeks til school hols :p Yes that means more work to do before then, but think I’ll get up to Sydney for part work (there’s a workshop I wanna go to) and part break (while Rish is at his own conference :p)…. though Queensland sounds more appealing right this minute. My nose is cold!
Leads to this:
They were long gone already those shoes, but still, sad to see them that way. :p