Spaghetti with Feta, lemon and homous sauce ~ the little lioness

Spaghetti with Feta, lemon and homous sauce

Pasta

Based on a recipe (with a few changes) from the Golden Door Cookbook. Yums!

Our version:
250 g spaghetti (what we had)
125mL lite so good
1 tsp cornflour
1 tablespoon homous
A punnet of grape tomatoes, halved (or cherry, whatever)
85 g baby spinach (1 cup)
A small zucchini, shredded (used the grater)
1/4 tsp lemon zest – we may have added more ;)
4 tablespoons crumbled feta
1 tsp shredded fresh basil (again, think we put more in)

1. Cook pasta, drain.
  2. Meanwhile, warm the milk gentle in a pan. Mix the cornflour with 2 tsp water until smooth, add to the milk with the homous. Bring to the boil, and the reduce the heat to a simmer.
  3. Add the tomatoes, spinach, zucchini and lemon zest. Toss the sauce through the cooked spaghetti, add the feta and basil and serve immediately.

(had the leftovers with a nice piece of steak the next night. haha)

Comments

comments

0 comments for “Spaghetti with Feta, lemon and homous sauce

1. March 3, 2010 at 5:10 pm

That pasta looks really luscious (and golden)!
    .-= Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella´s last blog ..Kiama, “Glamping” & Jervis Bay =-.

2. March 3, 2010 at 5:29 pm

This is certainly different to any pasta I have ever eaten. It looks healthy and fresh. I’m sure it was divine.
    .-= Katherine´s last blog ..Flying Fajita Sistas =-.

3. March 3, 2010 at 10:08 pm

That looks brilliant! And magically, is something I could make (with gluten-free pasta, and without the tomatoes), for my allergy-ey family, who love humous and feta and lemon. So, another for the “once I’m home” box :P
    .-= Hannah´s last blog ..I Seem To Be Wearing My Crankypants Today, or sweetriot 65% and 70% unBars =-.

4. March 4, 2010 at 8:09 am

We had pasta last night for dinner too! YUM!
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..It’s SHOWTIME! =-.

5. March 4, 2010 at 3:37 pm

Once every week; we would swim a river full of crocodiles for a nice spaghetti. We’ll certainly try this recipe today. Just what I was looking for, a new spagety recipe again, so Thank you…
    .-= Moja Izba´s last blog ..Angle units converter =-.

6. Von
    March 5, 2010 at 10:23 pm

I haven’t had pasta for a while- now I have a pasta craving! This looks so delicious and creamy- yum!
    .-= Von´s last blog ..Arisana- eastwood =-.