Jetty Cafe, Toronto ~ the little lioness

Jetty Cafe, Toronto

Jetty Cafe Toronto

Last time I was up in Newcastle, Lake Macquarie council were doing something on the Toronto foreshore to the old toilet/change block at the lake baths. Seems it’s a new little cafe – selling coffees, light lunches like wraps, and hamburgers and fish and chips (of course!)

Jetty Cafe Toronto

Mum got her skim cappuccino, me my soy latte. Not the BEST coffee, but quite drinkable :p And good just to sit over close to home and close to the lake on a sunny winter’s morning.

Jetty Cafe Toronto
Hard at work

Jetty Cafe Toronto
Gorgeous Lake!

Comments

comments

6 comments for “Jetty Cafe, Toronto

1. July 20, 2010 at 8:13 am

What a cute little cafe! I have had some really nice times in Newcastle :)

2. July 20, 2010 at 3:04 pm

isn’t it? Toronto is full of surprises these days :)

3. Eve Franks
    September 12, 2010 at 4:12 pm

We went when Cafe 1st opened and had a lovely meal and again on Thursday yet again lovely service and meal then came SATURDAY 11TH SEP. We received our tea and our cake came 45 minutes to 1 hour later and when we complained where told we should have requested it that way common sense tells you cake comes with tea. We had another pot of tea thrown on our table spilling it over and when we complained again where verbally abused and told to go up the road there is plenty of other cafe’s to go to and not to come back. We also had other customers that had just arrived call us trouble makers and our oldest person in our group is 68 and her husband is dieing of cancer so she is a bit touchy but who can blame her. I have lived here for just over 4 years and the service has always been wonderful in Toronto where ever I go but this was the worst I have ever had. This cafe is going to get a lot of bad publicity from us now as we or any of our other guests that come from Sydney where we come from won’t be going back and warning others to give this cafe a big push to the sky so it is the cafe with a receipt for desaster. We also work here so a few other locals from are going to be told about our treatment from this Cafe.

• September 12, 2010 at 4:19 pm

I personally doubt I would have had the patience to wait 45 mins for cake… Especially as it’s a small cafe and you can tell whether they’re busy or not. A wait that long usually, to me, means it’s been forgotten, and the waitstaff need a little *nudge* to remember to bring it.

As far as the other people calling you troublemakers, I don’t think you can fault the cafe for that?

Perhaps talking to the manger/owner rather than starting a mear campaign may be more useful. Most of the time, cafe staff are poorly trained and poorly paid, so if you give the feedback to the owner they may either give the staff member/s in question feedback and better training. Which may lead to a better experience next time.

• Brenda Rieger
        September 13, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Firstley I would like to thank the gentleman for noticing the appalling service we received on Saturday. Not only was the waitress extremely rude but her comment about going up the road would have been taken up had they not taken our money first.
        I suggest a training course on how to serve customers would not go astray.
        We could have made a further complaint about the food being cold but left that as it was rather windy and cold.
        Also our request for more milk was ignored.
        I for one will not be returning to the Cafe as the rudeness was a bit to much for me.

4. Darrell Morrissey
    September 13, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Dear Jetty Cafe Owner

I would like to bring to your attention what my wife and I witnessed on Saturday, 11 September 2010 at your cafe from one of your waitresses (she is a brunette).

My wife and I were sitting opposite a group of people. I think their complaint was about receiving their tea without the cake they ordered. Well I have always known cake and tea to go together. Then the waitress brought them more tea and she placed it at the end of the table instead of putting each tea plunger in front of them.

To my amasement I heard her make a comment “well if you don’t like it here there are plenty other cafes up the road and not to come back”. That comment surprised me as a paying customer that attitude is definitely not tolerated in the hospitality industry.

My suggestion is that you send your staff on a customer service course. If they continue to think that they are doing your customers a favour your business is not going to survive.