It doesn’t matter if you have struggled to lose the extra belly fat after getting kids, hitting menopause, or stress-eating. According to the polls, almost 50% of adults in the US struggle with belly fat, 20% of these adults are aged 40 and above.
With the myriad of websites and fitness gurus on the market claiming to offer the ‘quickest solutions to belly fat’, it can be daunting trying to figure out the best way to lose the visceral fat.
Nonetheless, if you want to get rid of the visceral fat fast, it is not enough to try a few inchworms and sit-ups and call it a day. You have to put in the work, formulate a reliable workout program, and incorporate a healthy diet plan.
Here are some of the best body workouts that burn belly fat.
The Six Exercises That Burn Stomach Fat Fast
Whether you are looking to slim down for the summer or improve your overall health, burning off belly fat can be challenging. Luckily, you can try these simple steps to help increase fat burning quickly:
No list of belly fat-burning exercises is complete without burpees. As ruthless as they might be, according to fitness experts, burpees do an incredible job of working your core, training your quads, and stretching your abs.
Moreover, since they involve fiery plyometric movements, burpees also get your heart pumping, allowing you to live a healthier life.
How to Do Burpees
- Start in a squat position with knees bent, your back straight, and feet shoulder-distance apart
- Lower your hands to the ground in front of you so they can be inside your feet
- With the weight on your hands, kick your feet back, allow your chest to touch the floor (a pushup position)
- Keeping your body straight, do one pushup, and do not let your back sag or butt stuck up in the air
- Do a frog kick and jump your feet back to the starting position
- Stand and raise your hands over your head
- Quickly jump up, land with your knees bent again, get into the squat position and do another burpee rep
At first glance, lunges might seem very simple. However, lunges are the most challenging exercises but also one of the best for yielding massive payoffs. According to a recent study, the benefits of exercise are to sculpt your legs, tone your calves, and boost your heart rate, too.
How to Do Jump Lunges
- Start by standing with your knees bent and feet staggered so that your right foot is in front of the left foot
- Ensure your torso is upright and as straight as possible
- From that position, summon enough energy to jump explosively off the ground and switch your legs’ position while you are airborne so that you land and immediately drop into another lunge with your left foot in front
- Ensure that you land with both your knees bent at 90° to prevent any injuries
- Repeat the move 20 times
Walking or Running
Okay, you are probably wondering, how does walking around the neighborhood shrink your love handles? According to the Rush University Prevention Center experts, there is no magic bullet to getting rid the belly fat. Moreover, since your genetics decides where fat settles in your body, the best thing you can do is create a walking or jogging routine.
As you move, calories are set on fire, and your body fat percentage dips. Moreover, unlike tricep dips and strength training, the only equipment you need while running is a reliable pair of shoes and a shrill playlist.
You can make running and walking a part of your interval training routines. Moreover, it would be best if you did not forget to do a pre-running or post-running workout routine.
You might also want to check out the Toxiburn reviews and see if you can incorporate the supplement in your health regime to possibly make your belly-fat burning journey easier.
The Russian Twist is a core exercise that enhances your oblique strength. The move typically requires a medicine ball or plate, and you have to rotate your torso from side to side as you hold in a sit-up position with the feet off the ground.
How to Do Russian Twists
- Sit up on the floor with the knees bent and your feet off the ground
- Hold the ball with your hand at the chest height
- Lean back, holding your torso at 45°, and keep your arms a few inches from your chest
- Turn your torso to the right, pause, and then squeeze your oblique muscles
- Turn the torso to the left, pause, and squeeze your left muscles
Strength training requires you to contract your muscles against any resistance. It not only helps you increase muscle mass but since it involves lifting weight, strength training also boosts your core strength.
Based on studies, the rigorous workout session also offers you multiple health benefits, especially when it comes to belly-fat burning.
Box jumps are ideal for burning that stubborn fat, toning the muscles, and balancing and coordination. All you require is a plyometric box or have a raised surface you can jump on.
How to Do Box Jumps
- Lower your body into a partial squat position
- Push yourself off the ground and swing your arms forward to jump on the raised surface
- Ensure that you land with your knees slightly bent
- Hop down and do ten to 20 reps to complete a set
Trying to lose the excess visceral fat can feel like a punishment from workout gods. However, it is better to be drenched in a sweat trying to eliminate the fat than struggling with several heart diseases. Therefore, try out that top weight loss supplement, follow a healthy lifestyle, and stick to your trainer’s sweat-drenching workout program, and you will see the difference!