If you’ve been in a truck accident, you likely have many concerns. Truck accidents are usually more serious than other kinds of vehicular accidents. Because of a truck’s size relative to a car or other motor vehicles, they can cause a lot of damage.
Truck accidents can result in severe injuries and can result in damages to your car. Furthermore, you may be reeling from the psychological effects of the incident. Additionally, you may find yourself needing to take time off from work to heal from your injuries. The considerations are seemingly endless, and it’s likely you feel overwhelmed.
Luckily, there are legal options available to help you following a truck accident. You can seek out the help of a truck accident attorney in your area to help assist you with your concerns. Continue reading to learn about how a truck accident lawyer can help you.
What Are The Concerns Following a Truck Accident?
Truck accidents are, unfortunately, fairly common, and they can result in tragedy. Because trucks are so much larger than passenger cars, they can cause excessive damage. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, large trucks accounted for 9 percent of the vehicles in fatal crashes in 2018. That amounts to 4,862 large trucks that were involved in fatal crashes.
After a truck accident, you will likely have many concerns. Some of the most prominent may include:
- Injuries: Injuries are very common following a truck accident. They can range from minor cuts and bruises to more serious concerns, such as head and spine injuries.
- Car Damage: Car damage is also to be expected after a truck accident. You may need to make repairs or may even need to replace the vehicle completely.
- Loss of Wages: If you have injuries from your car accident, you may also not be able to work. Sometimes, you will need to take just a couple of weeks off from work. However, some people find themselves unable to work for an extended period or even permanently.
- Legal Concerns: Finally, if you have been in a truck accident, you almost certainly have legal concerns. You will likely want to seek out damages to help with medical bills, loss of wages, and other considerations.
How Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
Unfortunately, truck accidents are on the rise. Since 2009, a 52% increase in truck accidents has been observed. While this is a disturbing statistic, it does mean that you will likely be able to find a truck accident lawyer in your area who is available to help with your case.
A truck accident lawyer can provide a lot of much-needed assistance. Additionally, you can often find a law firm that doesn’t charge fees up-front. Rather, they often work on a contingency basis, meaning that they only get paid if and when you receive compensation. This can make the whole process much easier, knowing that you don’t have to pay for anything upfront.
Some of the main ways that a truck accident lawyer can help following an accident you include:
- They can help you receive compensation: The most significant perk of working with a lawyer following a truck accident is that they can help you to recover compensation. You will likely have financial concerns following a truck accident. For example, you may need to repair or replace your car or another vehicle. Additionally, you will probably be dealing with at least some medical concerns from injuries, and that can be very costly. Furthermore, you may be unable to work due to your injuries. The loss of wages can be significant, so you may be seeking damages to make up for that.
- They can file your claim and deal with all the paperwork: Following an accident, the last thing you want to think about is taking care of your own legal concerns. Anytime you file a claim, there is going to be a lot of paperwork involved. Without experience, you will likely have a challenging time taking care of all of it on your own. A truck accident lawyer can take care of all the paperwork for you and will only require your signature on certain documents. They can also take care of filing your claim appropriately and in a timely manner.
- They can pursue your case aggressively: Truck accidents are complex because you may need to look at multiple parties for compensation. Multiple parties may be at fault in a truck accident, including the trucking company, the driver, and others. Your attorney can look into all potentially responsible parties. They can look into all areas of your case and help you to receive compensation that you might not have considered on your own. For example, they can look at acquiring compensation for pain and suffering. They can also look into potential punitive damages if the truck driver who hit you was being negligent.
- They can help you find doctors: Additionally, many truck accident lawyers work very closely with medical professionals on a regular basis. They often have connections with these doctors and can help to set you up with the correct one. They may even be able to get you in for an appointment more quickly than you would be able to on your own.
Following a truck accident, there may be many concerns. You may be dealing with multiple injuries, so you may be in pain and may even be experiencing cognition issues if you received a head injury. Additionally, you likely have other concerns, such as filing your claim in order to receive compensation. Furthermore, you may be dealing with damage to your vehicle or a loss of wages.
Luckily, a truck accident lawyer in Denver can help with all of your concerns. They can file your claim and aggressively pursue your case, looking at all the different angles. They can also deal directly with the insurance companies. Furthermore, they can potentially connect you with doctors who can help with your medical concerns.
If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident, reach out to an attorney in your area. Don’t hesitate to take care of your legal concerns. If you delay, you may find yourself with financial issues and potentially lingering injuries that can cause complications in your life. Many lawyers offer free consultations where they can give you an honest assessment of your case. Reach out to a lawyer today and start reclaiming your life.