Every single anti-aging product I apply on my face and body claims it’ll help delay fine lines and wrinkles. Not just wrinkles. Not just fine lines. Fine lines and wrinkles. Not just this, you have creams to address any issue in the book – skin whitening, remove dark circles, etc. Therefore, I am sure most of you might be wondering about the difference between wrinkles and fines.
Fine lines develop when your skin becomes folded and it is not able to bounce back to its original shape. Wrinkles are the result of lack of moisture and elasticity of the skin. This happens mainly due to aging and some environmental factors.
The main difference between fine lines and wrinkles is the depth of the crease in the skin. Fine lines are very mild, while wrinkles are deeper set. Some refer to wrinkles as expression lines and feel they apply only to skin folds that appear in areas of facial expression.
Simple ways to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines
- Egg whites: Eggs can do wonders to your skin and hair. For your skin, egg whites can be the natural remedy for fine lines and wrinkles. You will have to whip up some egg whites in a bowl and apply it on your skin directly.
Massage it gently and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. You could also leave it on without any disturbance and wait for it to dry out. Then wash it with warm water. The protein and vitamins will heal those fine lines and wrinkles naturally.
- Bananas: When we refer to a healthy and balanced diet, it is much more than just eating these nutritious foods. You can use these foods for topical application as well. Bananas could be used for this purpose.
Its nutritional properties fight the causes of wrinkles. Mash two bananas and make a paste. Now apply it on your face and let it leat for half an hour and then rinse your face with cool water. You could also mix it with some avocado and honey for the same effect.
- Carrots: Carrots are a rich source of vitamin A which promotes collagen production, thereby keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle free. For this, you can apply a carrot paste on your face every day. Boil some carrots and blend it into a paste. Add some organic honey to this paste. Apply it on your face, rest for half an hour and then wash it off. You could also eat them raw. Sometimes external treatment is just not enough. What you consume and include in your diet also matters.
- Pineapple: Pineapple has enzymes that offer multiple benefits for your skin. These enzymes improve skin elasticity, moisture and also eliminate dead skin cells as well. All you need to do is rub some pineapple flesh on your skin directly and let it rest for fifteen minutes. Once it dries out, wash your face with cold water.
- Hydrate yourself: One of the easiest ways of keeping your skin wrinkle-free is by drinking lots of water. It is the best way to keep the skin hydrated and maintains moisture as well. Drink two liters of water every day to keep your skin wrinkle-free.
These are a few simple remedies you could do at home to treat your wrinkles and fine lines. Apart from wrinkles and fine lines, another skin issue that some of you must be concerned about must be dark circles. Let us see how dark circles are caused and how to get rid of them.
How are dark circles caused?
Dehydration is the most common cause of dark circles under your eyes. When your body is not receiving the proper amount of water, the skin beneath your eyes begins to look dull and your eyes look sunken. Overexposure to the sun can also cause your body to produce an excess of melanin. Too much sun particularly for your eyes can cause pigmentation in the surrounding skin to darken.
Allergies can also increase your urge to rub and scratch the itchy skin around your eyes. These actions can worsen your symptoms, causing inflammation and broken blood vessels. This can result in dark shadows beneath your eyes. Staring at your television or computer screen can cause significant strain on your eyes. This strain can cause blood vessels around your eyes to enlarge. As a result, the skin surrounding your eyes can darken.
How to get rid of dark circles?
- Get extra sleep. Catching up on sleep can also help reduce the appearance of dark circles. Sleep deprivation can cause your skin to appear pale, making the dark circles more obvious. Allow yourself seven to eight hours of rest to prevent dark circles from appearing.
- Elevate your head. While sleep deprivation can play a part in producing those dark bags under your eyes, sometimes it’s how you sleep. Elevate your head with a few pillows to prevent fluid from pooling under your eyes which can make them look puffy and swollen.
- Soak with tea bags. Applying cold tea bags to your eyes can improve their appearance. Tea contains ingredients caffeine and antioxidants that can help stimulate blood circulation and reduce liquid retention beneath your skin.
You could soak two green tea bags in hot water for five minutes. Let them chill in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes. Once they’re cold, apply the teabags to your closed eyes for 10 to 20 minutes. After removing, rinse your eyes with cool water.
- Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean washcloth and apply to your eyes. You can also dampen a washcloth with cold water and apply it to the skin under your eyes for 20 minutes for the same effect.
These were few remedies you could practice at home to get rid of dark circles. These are as effective as simple it seems.