There are many different ways to smoke marijuana. With some cannabis users enjoying smoking a joint, while others prefer using a bowl, the wide range of available accessories make sure there is something for everyone when deciding how to ingest this substance. One of the most important things to keep in mind as a new smoker is safely and effectively ingesting weed takes practice and some research beforehand.
How to smoke from a bong properly
Bong rips are something that every smoker wants to do. Some say that getting high from a bong is the best kind of high, when compared to lighter hits from smaller quantities of cannabis. Despite the bong being a popular method of smoking, some cannabis users refrain from using this apparatus due to the complex nature of taking a ‘hit’.
It is important to know the different components of a bong and how to properly smoke from the bong to get the desired high. The main components include the bowl (which holds your weed), the stem (which holds the bowl), and the bong’s interior (the chamber that holds the water). Click here for any bong options.
Steps to smoking a bong
- Clean the mouthpiece and the bowl to make sure there is no leftover residue from past use.
- Fill your bong with an inch of freshwater, making sure the stem is submerged in the water.
- Grind up your flower and pack the bowl. Make sure your flower is ground finely to ensure it can easily burn at a steady rate.
- Put your mouth on the mouthpiece. Make sure your lips are inside the chamber.
- Put your finger over the carb. Some bongs do not have this feature, so make sure you check if your bong has this little hole in the chamber.
- Light the bowl and inhale simultaneously. Once you see the bud is red from the flame, you can remove the heat. Suck the smoke until it fills the chamber. However, if you don’t want to take this big of a hit, only inhale the smoke until the bong is around halfway filled.
- Remove the bowl from the stem or take your finger off the carb. Continue to inhale the smoke out of the chamber to rid the bong’s interior of any leftover smoke.
- Hold the smoke in your lungs for no more than 5 seconds and then exhale.
Smoking a bong is an enjoyable experience when you know how to do it correctly. By reading the steps before going to a smoke session with your friends, you can ensure that you know the proper etiquette of bong use.
For those who are beginners and nervous to try, practice the steps with friends who you feel comfortable with, ensuring you do the correct things in order to prevent any wasted bud, flower, or smoke. Those who have smoked previously in the past will help newbies get used to the filling process, grinding of the weed, preparing the bong, and smoking out of the bong.