Pork Balls with Peanut Sauce
- 500gm finely minced pork
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¾ vegetable oil
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- Mix pork with half of the coriander leave, half the garlic and half the fish sauce. Knead to a smooth consistency and use wet hands to form the mixture into walnut sized balls.
- Fry the meatballs in hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm. Drain off the oil, wipe out the pan and return 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Cook remaining garlic with chilli and ginger for 1 minute, add the remaining coriander leaves and fish sauce, the peanut butter, sugar and coconut cream and stir on moderate heat until the sauce thickens. Stir in the chopped basil.
- Arrange the meatballs on a plate with the sauce in a shallow dish in the centre. Serve with toothpicks.
Coriander is used extensively in Thai cooking. The slim cream-coloured roots, leaves and stems all go into curry pastes and strong tasting sauces. It is a distinctive flavour not enjoyed by everyone, so it can be omitted if necessary.
So I was wandering in the “international” aisle at Coles, mostly just planning on getting some instant miso soup, but I got a bit distracted by some of the new products on the shelves…
And one thing was the shelf-fresh noodles, at $1.80 a packet. Bargain my dears! No wonder I rocked up some ingredients and made a thing!
Noodles, eggs, potk mince, onion, sauces, oils and veges. What more do you need?
Got the omelette happening first.
Isn’t it pretty with a dash of soy? Remove this then fry up your mince, then any eveges yiy need cooking.
I fried up the onion and mine, then added the veges
Stirred them up good til cooked then added the egg and noodles
There is a Mumma possum and a bub sitting on the shelf in the carport. Right outside my bedroom door. I think it got too hot for them in my roof today, so they wandered out for a bit of breeze.
We gave them water, they eat the oranges off our tree, and I think I might slip them an apple before I got to bed, like the ones I used for marinading our pork chops last night.
Found a pair of pork chops in the freezer, and had some Tilda quinoa and vege rice mix to try (2 mins in the microwave!), so got marinading!
Grated up some apple, and added soy sauce, olive oil, paprika and garlic
It turned out delish!!!
I kinda accidentally got a HelloFresh order this week. But it was yum, and paid for with my paypal balance, so no harm done!
Panfried Gnocchi with Mushroom & Thyme
50 cent juicer from Vinnie’s at Laurieton!
Take Me To Thailand Larb
Ikea Salad Spinner, via Ebay.
Lightning Fast Steak with Sweet Potato Wedges
Remember – you can get $35 off your first HelloFresh box with my referral code: R3CDUQ (which makes your first box sooooooo cheap!!!)
Picked up some free range pork scotch fillets at Woolies, and wondered what to marinate them in. I ended up deciding on a garlic, ginger, sweet chili and soy sauce mix. It turned out wonderfully with the roast veg and a bed of baby spinach.
What would you use?
And this new Yellow Tail “Big Bold Red” ($9.99)