Our little getaway before Xmas, 3 days in the Beechworth area. Wine tasting, vanilla slices and enjoying the countryside was to be had :)
Vanilla Slice from the Beechworth Bakery
I’d bought Rish a gift voucher for two nights at Barnsley House in a package that included:
- 2 night’s weekend accommodation (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun) in romantic Elizabeth Retreat, with King size spa, open fire, LCD TV
- Bottle of local wine on arrival
- Full breakfasts each morning
- A two course dinner plus glass of wine each at Gigi’s restaurant one evening
- Antipasto platter from Beechworth Pantry one evening to enjoy in the comfort of Barnsley House
- 2 x 45 minute relaxation massages at nearby ‘Reflective Soles’
On our drive along The Great Ocean Road in November, we had to of course go to the Twelve Apostles.
A slightly overcast day, but gorgeous!
I really like the millions of years you can see in the lines on the rocks and cliff faces. I never quite “got it” when it came to the rock layers in highschool geology, but I love to see it, and try to contemplate the time frames!
Another awesome part is the erosion and the caves:
Make that another “Awesome place in Australia” that I’ve now seen :) Getting there!
I still haven’t uploaded all my photos! Some are here at Flickr, but below are a few of my highlights from day one!
Fish and Chips at Geelong
Our hirecar (just outside ?Angelsea)
Putting the roof down.