Creative Ways To Reward Your Health And Fitness Efforts
Healthy living is something most people desire. However, wanting to live better and putting it into action are two separate things. While some people have no issues making plans, taking action, and achieving their health and wellness goals, others face an uphill battle. Although there are several reasons for a negative outcome, sometimes a motivational boost is all you need. Rewards are a practical way to give yourself a nudge in the right direction.
Remember when you were a child, and your parent told you that you could have a treat if you finished your chores? Although you didn’t want to wash the dishes, take out the trash, or clean your room, the idea of getting something you enjoy motivated you to take care of business. The same concept can work as an adult.
Rewards Boost Dopamine
No matter your health and wellness goals, you won’t accomplish them overnight. It will take time, determination, and consistency. You will also experience setbacks and obstacles that could leave you feeling discouraged. Therefore, you must find ways to keep yourself motivated along the way.
Rewards serve as dopamine boosters. When you indulge in something you enjoy, it ignites your brain’s pleasure response. It causes a sense of euphoria that motivates you to want to experience the feeling repeatedly. The desire to reach that level of happiness again ultimately helps you develop healthy habits and stick to them.
Health And Fitness Reward Ideas
You should always reward yourself with something that could help your health and wellness efforts. For example, treating yourself to ice cream because you lost five pounds defeats the purpose. Choose rewards that are pleasurable but beneficial to your journey. Continue reading for some creative ideas.
- Fitness Rewards Cards – Did you know there are credit cards with health and fitness rewards? Users download the fitness reward app, record their journey, and receive discounts on everything from exercise gear and accessories to personal training sessions and nutritional meal delivery services. A fitness rewards card is worth the investment if you enjoy purchasing health and wellness products.
- Workout Gear – There’s nothing like putting on something new to boost your confidence. Why not reward yourself with some new workout gear? You’ll not only look great as you exercise, but the appropriate attire can reduce your risk of injury, improve circulation, regulate body temperature, and improve performance.
- Healthy Meals – While indulging in unhealthy foods would be counterproductive, there’s nothing wrong with treating yourself to a nutritious meal. Grab a smoothie from your favorite juice bar, get a salad with as many toppings as you’d like, or reward yourself with a meal from a health-conscious restaurant.
- Join A Class – Learning something new expands your knowledge, broadens your perspectives, and boosts your confidence. Reward your health and fitness efforts by joining a class aligned with your interests. For instance, dance lessons, cooking classes, or learning how to swim serve a dual purpose. They’re exciting, which boosts your dopamine, but they also provide you with new skills to incorporate into your daily routines.
- Pamper Yourself – When you’ve worked hard to meet your goals, you deserve to pamper yourself. Splurge on something you wouldn’t usually purchase, like a full-body massage, facial, manicure, or pedicure. You’ll come out feeling like royalty and inspired to continue making progress.
- Take A Trip – All work and no play will undoubtedly lead to discouragement. Reward your health and fitness efforts by taking a trip. Whether it’s a day trip or a week-long getaway, the time away from your daily routine gives your mind and body the rest and rejuvenation needed to continue striving toward your goals.
Many internal and external factors can complicate your health and wellness journey. A reward system can help you develop the discipline to stay on track. When your actions ultimately lead to something positive, it inspires you to keep going. Celebrate the small wins by using rewards like those listed above to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.