Jamie Bell: Acting, Movies, and other Lifestyle
Jamie Bell was born in Billingham, England, to Eileen Matfin and John Bell. His dad was a toolmaker. Jamie’s parents separated not long before he was born thus he never had a relationship with his dad. He has an eldest sister named Kathryn Bell. Bell’s affection for dance created when he went with his sister to her artful dance practice classes.
Bell was selected from 2000 boys to perform the character of Billy Elliot in the eponymous film in 1999. The role of Billy Elliot is alike to that of Jamie’s in that they both love ballet.
His debut in the 2000 film ‘Billy Elliot from where Jamie Bell gained fame as an English actor and dancer, which also earned him a BAFTA nominee for Best Actor in a Leading Character. He is appreciated broadly in film spheres for his outstanding representation of supporting characters. His performances were highly appreciated in the films ‘King Kong’ (2005), ‘Jumper’ (2008), ‘Snowpiercer’ (2013), and ‘Fantastic Four’ (2015). He was selected to perform the main character of Tintin in the film ‘The Adventures of Tintin’ (2011). Bell has as well gotten critical compliments for his depiction of Abraham Woodhull in the AMC produced, period TV drama series named ‘Turn: Washington’s Spies’. Associated his senior sister to her ballet performances made Jamie Bell grow a passion for dance. Bell thinks about dance as his first love and not acting.
Jamie Bell attended Giffoni Film Festival in Campania, Southern Italy as Nominal Jury President in 2001.
In 2002, he perform the role of Smike, the immobilized servant, in the film edition of ‘Nicholas Nickleby’. During the same year, he also performed the role of a young soldier in the movie ‘Deathwatch’.
He performs the role of a pro-gun pacifist in the movie ‘Dear Wendy’ in 2004. In that same year, he also played the character of a teenager on the run in the film ‘Undertow’.
In 2005, Bell represented a Southern California youngster with severe mental problems in the American-German comedy drama ‘The Chumscrubber’. In the similar year 2005, he also performed the role of young Jimmy re-creation of ‘King Kong’.
In 2007 Jamie Bell played a role spin-off titled ‘KateModern’ in the ‘lonelygirl15’.
In 2008 he also performed with Hayden Christensen in the film ‘Jumper’, grounded on the 1992 novel of the identical name. He also played Asael Bielski, the former of the Bielski Brothers, who were a partisan group during World War II in 2008. The team aided to protect more than 1200 lives all through the Holocaust.
In 2011 in the movie named ‘The Eagle’ he starred as Esca. He also played the role of St John Rivers in ‘Jane Eyre’ all through that same year.
In 2013, he play the lead in two films in ‘Filth’ as Ray Lennox, in which he performed together with James McAvoy, and in the science fiction action film named ‘Snowpiercer’ as Edgar.
From 2014 to 2017, he acted in the role of Abraham Woodhull in the AMC produced, period TV drama named ‘Turn Washington’s Spies’.
In 2015 he performed the role of ‘The Thing’ reboot of the famous Marvel hero franchise ‘Fantastic Four’.
He played Rusty Firmin in the factual action movie named ‘6 Days’ in 2017. In the same year he played the role of Peter Turner in the factual romance drama movie ‘Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool’.
In 2007, at the British Independent Film Awards or BAFTAS, he was voted for the ‘Best Actor’ award for his depiction of the title role in the film ‘Hallam Foe’.
Bell acted as the title character in the film ‘The Adventures of Tintin’, along with well-known British actors and comedians, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in 2009. Though the release of the movie was behind and it showcases in 2011.
Personal Life & Legacy
Jamie Bell started dating entertainer Evan Rachel Wood in 2005 afterward meeting her on the sets of the song video for Green Day’s melody ‘Wake Me up When September Ends’. The couple quickly separated in 2006 however were brought together five years after the fact in 2011.
On 30 October 2012, they got married and were honored with a child in July 2013. Bell and Wood declared their separation from one another On 28 May 2014.
Bell started dating entertainer Kate Mara, his co-star from the ‘ Fantastic Four’ establishment in late 2015. In January 2017 the couple got engaged and at the end of the year got married.
- Billy Elliot (2000)
· Rocketman (2019)
· The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
· Jane Eyre (2011)
· King Kong (2005)
· I go into meetings with some film-makers and they literally have nothing to say, they’re almost bored by their own material. I’d rather work with people who are very passionate and very animated about what they want to do. People who just want to tell stories.
· I look at my contemporaries, and we’re all at different stages and levels, and all choosing different routes, different ways to do things.
· If you have created an image of yourself at 13 and it is still with you at 17, it needs to be dropped.
· I had teen angst for a while, but I think every teenager has the angst.
· Every interview I do, it’s basically ‘how did he do it,’ and I owe it all to my representation, and my manager is basically like my mother, she’s so picky.
- He was nine when he first decided to start acting.
- Jamie Bell arises in family where all are dancers.
- He started dancing when he was six. Dancers have been in his family for centuries. His sister, his mother, grandmother, and aunt all danced before him.
- Tap dancing is his beloved dance form. Bell has contributed to and gained numerous awards for his dancing skill.
- Bell was categorized no 19 on Entertainment Weekly’s ‘30 under 30’ list of actors in 2008.