What Graphic Designers Should Know About SEO
Most graphic designers face the trouble of getting the recognition they deserve. Even if you are creating excellent designs, you have to push your creations to the right audience. Doing SEO of your blog can help you reach design enthusiasts and get more clients. Keep reading to find out more.
Why SEO Is Important
Search Engine Optimization includes several techniques that focus on making you visible and bringing more visitors to your blog. More views mean that you can build an audience, share your art with the right people and get the applause you deserve.
Ready to get more visitors on your blog, build an audience and become an authority? Below are some actionable SEO tips that you must follow.
1. Essence Of Link Building
Your blog earns a backlink when some other website inserts a link to your website, so people can click on it and visit to your website. These backlinks play a pivotal role in the visibility of a website. The more backlinks you have from authoritative websites, the better your blog will rank. Working with a link building company helps you get more quality backlinks in less time.
These link building tips can produce a long-lasting impact on your SERP rankings:
- Publish linkable content on your website.
- Collaborate and get featured on the leading blogs.
- Build relationships with authoritative bloggers of your industry.
2. Don’t Fake It
The “Fake it till you make it” trick doesn’t work in the SEO world. When looking to optimize your website for search engines, you have to ensure that you are genuine about what you are doing. Google, the most-used search engine, uses Googlebot to check if the content on your blog is authentic or not.
For “originality” purposes, you must avoid these things:
- Prioritize posting relevant content.
- Do not copy content from different websites.
- Never upload someone else’s work on your blog.
3. Don’t Forget The Keywords
A keyword is a phrase that a person searches on the internet for getting relevant results. There might be tons of relevant keywords to your blog. But while starting, only focus on a specific set of keywords, so your blog gains some pace and becomes trusted.
Follow these steps for finding relevant keywords
- Use the Google Keyword Planner Tool.
- Utilize some of the free keyword discovery tools.
- Follow the keywords relevant to your blog that show in “Google Keyword suggestions
Don’t be tempted to enroll in SEO boot camps and courses while starting. Instead, focus on the free resources that are readily available on the internet. Take small steps at the beginning, study the results of your keyword optimization efforts and build on your previous info for scaling your efforts.
4. Relevancy Of The Content
You might’ve heard the “Content is king” phrase in the past. To no one’s surprise, posting SEO-optimized content on your blog is still the key to getting discovered and building authority. So instead of only posting your design pieces, publishing some relevant content on your blog is also important.
Here’s a content strategy that you can follow:
- Publish concise content relevant to your art.
- Avoid stuffing the keywords in your content.
- Ensure that you include keywords in the content.
If you have been publishing content for some time, you should revisit your content and update it as well. Updating your content allows you to retouch your content and make relevant changes like updating the keywords. The “Edit” button is always there for optimizing your content for your target audience.
5. Don’t Ignore Internal Linking
With internal linking, you can redirect the readers of your blogs to the relevant pages on your website using anchors. Choose the right anchors that show the gist of the linked page, so the reader doesn’t repent their decision of trusting your website.
You should also focus on buy backlinks because it helps search engines understand your website. Proper internal linking also helps you become more visible on the web.
6. Use Alt Attributes
Pick up any SEO guide, and you’ll read volumes about the importance of Alt attributes. In essence, Alt attributes help search engines understand what’s in the images you’re posting on your blog. Alt Attributes also help your website rank against the “Images” category of different search engines.
Ensure that you follow these guidelines while writing the Alt Attributes:
- Include focus keywords.
- Write what’s in your image.
- Keep the description concise.
- Don’t use the “image of” phrase.
7. The Power Of Meta Descriptions
Both users and search engines love to read the summary of what’s on your webpage. A meta description is a snapshot of the content on your blog pages. Search engines show the meta descriptions on search results, and you have to ensure that your meta descriptions are optimized for readers.
Follow these tips while writing the meta description for your web pages:
- Limit the meta descriptions between 50 to 160 characters.
- Precisely tell what’s there on your web page.
- Add a CTA in the meta description.
- Sprinkle some keywords in there.
8. Optimize For Mobile
Over the years, mobile phones have become an essential element of our lives. And without a doubt, people search for marvelous graphic design work using their smartphones. If your website isn’t responsive on mobile devices, you won’t engage this bigger chunk of the audience.
Here are some actionable tips for optimizing your blog for smartphones:
- Optimize the page speed of your web pages.
- Focus on the responsiveness of your blog.
- Design the website with mobile users in mind.
- Do not include bulky popups on your website.
- Use the fonts that look perfect on mobile screens.
9. Do Some Blogger Outreach
During a Blogger Outreach campaign, you reach out to the influential bloggers in your industry and collaborate with them. Working with them can help you earn backlinks and get visible to a larger audience. If you follow the tips given above, top graphic designers will be more than willing to share your content:
- Identify the top bloggers (designers) that you admire.
- Engage with their posts and build rapport.
- Write an outstanding outreach email.
The only proven way to bring more visitors to your graphic design blog is to design and implement an SEO strategy. Follow the tips mentioned above and build some SEO muscles as soon as you can. Happy Designing and blogging!