Metal detectors are a fun way for kids to find treasure. Keep reading because I have 10 tips on how to find treasure with a children metal detector.
In this article, you will learn about what equipment you’ll need and the different settings that come with it as well as where to try and more!
If you’re looking for an exciting new way to explore history or just want something fun to do, then read on!
Benefits of metal detecting for kids
Metal detecting has several benefits for kids. Here are some of them:
1) It’s Fun!
Metal detecting is a fun way for kids to explore history. Kids can go treasure hunting in their own backyards, parks, and everywhere else where people have been living. All sorts of items have been found such as coins, rings, gold nuggets, and more! This is also a great way to make family time more fun as a family.
2) It Appeals to All Ages
Metal detecting is something that appeals to all ages from children through adults. Kids can finally have a hobby of their own and some young kids even compete in contests for cash for finding the most coins, rings, or whatever else has been hidden! This also makes a great gift idea for both birthdays and Christmas. If you are wondering what is the best metal detector for a child check out this article from Metal Pursuits.
3) It’s Exciting!
Metal detecting is exciting because the possibilities are endless. Kids can find anything from coins to gold nuggets which makes it seem like they’re on their own treasure hunt every time they go out metal detecting. This can be a great way to keep kids away from video games and TV.
4) It Builds Confidence
Metal detecting is a great way to build confidence for kids because they’re learning about history, going outdoors, and having fun at the same time! If your child is interested in archaeology this may be a great stepping stone for them as well. This can also help with your child’s self-esteem because they’ll be able to find hidden treasures.
5) It’s Rewarding
Metal detecting is rewarding for kids because of the historical aspect of it! They can learn about different items and how people used to live in certain areas. Kids will also be able to show off their treasure finds to family and friends which is always fun. This is a great way to teach kids about respecting history as well.
6) It’s Excavating!
Metal detecting is excavating because it allows kids to have their own adventure digging up the hidden treasures. Kids will be able to find coins, rings, gold nuggets, and more – all on their very own! If your child is into archaeology this would be a great way to get them started.
7) It Keeps Kids Out of Trouble
Metal detecting keeps kids out of trouble because they’re going outside, being active, and having fun! This will take their mind off of video games and TV which means less arguing with siblings as well. If your child is bored and looking for something to do, this is a great way to keep them occupied.
8) It’s Educational
Metal detecting is educational because it teaches kids about history and archaeology. Kids will be able to find coins, rings, gold nuggets, and more which helps teach them about people from the past. This also may help kids get interested in archaeology if they’re not already.
10 tips on metal detecting for kids
- Go to a quiet, open space free of any metal objects or anything that could interfere with the machine. Try a park or somewhere in nature where there is no chance the detector will pick up on anything other than treasure.
- Familiarize yourself with the machine. Read the manual so you know how it works and the different settings such as sensitivity, discrimination level, and pinpoint mode.
- Set your detector to anything from the medium-coarse setting to get a general idea of what’s in front of you or if you’re trying for something specific like gold or silver.
- Try to find different types of metals, it’ll help you figure out what’s in the ground. For example, if your detector starts beeping when you’re near a piece of metal, try digging it up – it could be copper or brass which are both valuable! You can also use this opportunity to learn about different types of stones and minerals.
- Tune your machine to the right frequencies for what you’re looking for. For example, if you want silver or gold, check if your detector is ready to pick up on those metals – it could be between ’58 kHz to 64 kHz.’
- Look in areas where people have lost things. For example, if you’re at the beach and your detector beeps, it could be because someone lost their wedding ring or necklace.
- Look for certain patterns in the area where it seems to have more metal objects detected by your machine. It could mean that there are buried items below! This is another reason why it’s important to go to a quiet area where there is no noise.
- Use the pinpoint mode on your detector when you’re in a metal-heavy area, it makes it easier to locate buried items.
- Dig every time your detector picks up a signal because even if you don’t find anything immediately, there could be something below!
- Have fun! While metal detecting is a serious business, try to not get too anxious and just enjoy the adventure! Maybe you’ll even find some treasure!
If you’re trying to find treasure with a metal detector, then look in areas where people have lost things – like at the beach! Follow these 10 tips for kids on how to find treasure with a metal detector and get started today.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to what you can do or where you can go using the tips for kids you just read! This article is meant to give you an idea of what it takes but there’s no limit to where your imagination can take you!
Now that you know 10 tips on how to find treasure with a metal detector, go out there and have fun finding your own treasures!
I hope you enjoyed this article and good luck finding treasure. If this was helpful, please share it with someone else who could use the information. Thanks for reading!
READ ALSO: Current Trends in Home Security